Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running this combo at all? At this point I'm torn if I should just run 90's or go with 120's. Everyone says the 03 and early 04's (which is what I have) like a bigger injector. I'm running an arson 3 now and yes I know it won't keep up with 120's, I've got a pump in mind since mine has been leaking. Studs will be going in as well. I'm looking for any feedback from anyone with this setup or similar. My truck is mainly a weekend warrior dont really tow much, mainly a DD and play vehicle. Thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have 90s with shanes stage III pump, super b, air arch, intake, hole exhaust done. I like my setup. It gets hot on the top end cause the turbo doesn't have enough to keep up with it. I would say stick with the 90s so that way you are not smoking out intersections. You still will make good power with 90s. I am also running the 4.2. How does your truck like it?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have the turbo it's just not on yet and haven't decided on injectors either yet but I think I'll stick with 90's. What sw level are you running and what kind of egts are you seeing?

·
Registered
430 Posts
When i have the beta on there i fun sw6. My egts will get hot. I tried it once and it was like 1650 and that was not quiet full throttle. after that i went back to the revo to keep the truck in one piece. You have to remember that i have just the super b and not the special. so with the 90s and the tunning you will have no problem keeping them within check.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good..I think I'll stick with getting 90's. How do you like the stage 3 pump? Is it too much fuel? I think I need to upgrade mine at some point

·
Registered
430 Posts
No the pump is just right. I talked it over with shane at wicked and he said you can run the stage 2 pump with no problems. he said that it would be able to handle 120s if i went to them but if i had to much of an aggressive tune it will fall a little short. He was running a tax time special last year when i bought it and spent some time on the phone with him asking what pump to go with. There wasn't much price difference because i already had his arson 3 kit. He said the stage will put more fuel that i will need with were i am at. He said it will allow for you to throw more at it later. He said i wouldn't be hurting the pump not using all the fuel it could supply. Just give him a call and talk to him. You have to know what power you want to make with your truck and what you want to do with it before you can mod it accourding.

Since i have the 90s i have decided to go against bigger sticks. I figure the 90s will get me to my 600 horse i want. The pump will handle that and some.

The pressure on the pump is awsome. always there when i need. I am very pleased. I had problems when i bought it and called shane and talked right with him and he helped me every step of the way. You can't beat that. The guy builds your pump and then is there to make sure you are happy and it works for you. My problems was connecting tube and he also mentioned that some 03/04 have problems building pressure and need a pressure box. He has been there and done that on his own personal trucks. i like it when a guy i get a part off of has the time to help guys like us. I also didn't put the pump in right away so it was a couple of weeks after i got it and the problem was there. When i called he still remembered talking with me about it. Very good guy. Not trying to be a chearleader for anyone but a guy that takes care of customers (Guys like me that don't have much and can only afford what we can) is a guy that is going to get my business. I am not saying that the others r bad. Cause i haven't dealt with them. I have dealt with shane from the beginning and nothing but help. Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
i run a special, 90's and beta 4.2. getting a arson kit very very soon. Trucks runs like an animal. on sw7 it is silly, very smokey though. on sw3 i have picked up over a hundred miles to a tank and still runs great.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have heard the the special with 90s is a wicked setup. Debating to go to the special or twins.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the info guys..I came across a good deal on 120hp nozzles so whenever I get around to getting the turbo and nozzles in I'll post up feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts