Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went up to the local 1/8 mile track here (Holt, FL) to the test n tune last night with Ron from Suncoast Converters.

I took a spin or two with him in his 68RE test truck... its an 07.5 QC SB 2x4 with all their hot rod tranny parts (plus more they're testing), edge on 6, mp8 @100, s&b intake, 5" TBE, egr blocked, 90hp injectors, fuel rail plugged, some fancy aluminum intercooler... & slicks

first two runs he hopped real bad thru 1st & got ugly reaction times & low 9's.

second two runs he spent a lot more time warming the tires up & launched real hard, getting the best ET of the night for him a 8.9 @ 98mph

the tranny never even showed any sign of pain at all

next on the list for him is some kind of lift pump modification i've never heard of, possibly a tweaked CP3 & sending the injectors back to have them worked on some more

sweeeeeet :peelout

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS, i ran mine a few times last night as well, fastest time being a 10.48 :(

I started with my edge on 5 mp8 on 100, but it was just clutch slip city... i got my fastest time with the edge on 2 & mp8 cranked....

wheel hop thru 2nd is almost unavoidable :(

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
It is good to hear that they are having some success modifying the new automatic 6 speed. Once you install a new clutch you will have more control putting that power to the ground. Good luck with your mods!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts