Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a SunCoast torque converter and a new tranny with a SunCoast tranny upgrade kit.. Trucks finally runs normal again..NADP are going to pull part my old tranny to see what failed...The new set up is nice shifts super smooth..Its nice to be able to use 5th and 6th gear again..

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Good to hear that your truck is working properly again. Good luck!

·
Registered
721 Posts
How much did it cost? I'm really looking forwar to a good torque converter, theirs almost no rpm change between gears when I get on it hard.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Im interested as well! My truck reall seems like its havin a hard time gettin going when im towing until the converter locks, then its no problem! Plus empty and the everything turned up it it seems like it is about 1000 rpm to much stall!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the Tranny and torque installed the total bill was $4900 with 3 1/2 hrs labor.

·
Registered
721 Posts
ouch!:$: that hurts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will its about half of the price that the dodge dealership wanted

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
I have been talking to the Dave Goerend about his Torque Converter and to the fellow that has been running one of his. They had alot of good things to say about the 68RFE, thats for sure. They where thinking a few added Clutches and a bump in the line pressure and these suckers are ready for some HP's, But i am sure there is much more to is than that, they just laid it out for me in simply terms.

Can you feel the TC go into Lock Up. What did SunCoast say the TC's efficiency % is. Our stock TC is about 30% which sucks. With Sun Coast has your MPG in the City improved any? It should of if its a efficient TC.

In a couple of months i am going with one of the two TC's. Since there is one Suncoast out there in use i may use Goerends. either way i dont think a person could go wrong

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure what the efficienicy is. You can feel the converter lock up. As far as milage around town not sure yet i'll have to wait for some days off but highway driving i'm between 18 and 20MPG with everything I have done. Once I get a few days off i'll put it to the test. with the Edge on 5 and the MP-8 turned to 100% it pulls strong all the way through the shifts points. Just working on the water/meth just going to run new lines,fittings and another 3 Qt tank. Then may 30th i'm going to install FASS fuel system and that will be it for now just waiting for the smarty ,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts