Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fixing to get a new transmission. Im running over 800 whp and after i get the new transmission will be running right around 1000 whp due to some mods ive been holding off on till i get a new trans. What are yalls personal preferences and experiences with the suncoast and NADP fully built trans. Any preferences for one over the other?

· Registered
469 Posts
I have no personal experience with either of those so anything that I'm about to say is second hand. I've heard nothing good about NADP customer service after the sale. Everyone that has had one break that has posted on here has complained that they won't cover the breakage and basically says sorry about your luck, you'll have to buy another one. Suncoast seems to be a good transmission, but when comparing the price you can get the same or better for less money. Have you thought about DTT, Goerend, or Garmons? They are the big 3 on this forum and what everyone here has had the best luck with. I have DTT's full transmission and I love it!! I had several problems with the stock transmission and have spent what seems like hours on the phone with Stefan and Bill trying to fix it before I got the $$ to go all out. They can build you whatever you want to hold as much as you want. I would at least keep my options open and call some other places first. The 3 that I named above are not new to the business, and they all have built several transmissions for diesel drag trucks and diesel sled pullers with execellent success and have awesome customer service. Welcome to the Cummins Forum, sounds like you have a very nice truck, and you won't believe the difference when you get a built transmission, it won't even feel like the same truck!

Doug

· Registered
9,118 Posts
^^^^ My bro has a Dave built tranny in his rig with some big power and its amazing! All opie shafts.. some custom work as well.

I have also had Goerend in my 06 and it was a great tranny as well with twinz and all that jazz

· Premium Member
12,470 Posts
Dont forget about a flexplate with those numbers you want to run. I have suncoasts sfi flexplate and it looks like a quality piece.

· Registered
4,129 Posts
Yeah a BD Laminated Flexplate or something. He is making 800hp somehow already and will be making 1000hp somehow as well. So don't cheap out if you are making the power you say you are making with 150hp nozzles.

I see no CP3's. I know 2 trucks that made over 850+ with 175hp nozzles but had dual CP3's and smaller twins.

· Registered
711 Posts
Ive been kinda wondering how he is getting these power numbers. the only thing that i can think of is if he is adding horsepower from the products, or if he is running more nitrous in his one truck than all of the cars in japan.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I already have a built tranny but it doesnt have billet shaft so those arent gonna last long.. I also already have a bd flexplate. As far as my power numbers i havent had it on dyno yet but i am just ball parking the numbers off the truck we built it exactly like out of diesel power.. i cant remember whos truck it was but it dynod aat 866 hp and we built it exactly the same. it will easily peg 90psi on fuel only. There are plenty of compound turbo set ups out there running 800 horse. As far as the tranny goes i will definatly be checking out what yall have suggested. I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions yall have come up with.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah a BD Laminated Flexplate or something. He is making 800hp somehow already and will be making 1000hp somehow as well. So don't cheap out if you are making the power you say you are making with 150hp nozzles.

I see no CP3's. I know 2 trucks that made over 850+ with 175hp nozzles but had dual CP3's and smaller twins.
I am running dual cp3s... There isnt near enough room to list all my mods in my sig.. Sorry

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^^ My bro has a Dave built tranny in his rig with some big power and its amazing! All opie shafts.. some custom work as well.

I have also had Goerend in my 06 and it was a great tranny as well with twinz and all that jazz
Hey man i'm looking to do a brake upgrade.. what kind of brakes did you get on your truck?

· Premium Member
12,470 Posts
I am running dual cp3s... There isnt near enough room to list all my mods in my sig.. Sorry
Hey... me neither, and mines stock :hehe:

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Giddyup do you know what the torque rating is on that suncoast flexplate? is it stronger than the bd or are they both comperable? if its stronger than the bd then ill replace it.

· Premium Member
12,470 Posts
It honestly depends on what you got. If it meets sfi 29.3 requirements then it has to be a solid machined piece. If its not then odds are its a stamped piece wich isnt as strong.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yhea it does meet sfi 29.3 requirements and rated at 1500 ft/lbs so i think the flexplate should hold up. Thanks for your feedback giddyup

· Premium Member
12,470 Posts
yup you should be good to go, no prob

Reactions: Old_Silver

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks man i appreciate it

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
up to 3 grand just wanna be able to stop as fast as possible... just havent been able to find a complete kit

· Registered
9,118 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks man that performance big brake kit is what i have been lookin for.. I appreciate the links man!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.