Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am installing my sump this weekend and was wondering what to do with the stock fuel line that will be replaced once the sump is in?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What stock fuel line? You already have a fass, that gets hooked to the sump.
The steel line that my fass line is hooked up right now to. Its right next to my fuel tank?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bummpppp. What do i do with the line?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just plug it off.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
If you don't give very much information, don't expect to get much help.

Are you talking about the return line? If so, why does that have to change, just because you install a sump?

Surely you're not using the stock pickup/feed line with a FASS 150?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you don't give very much information, don't expect to get much help.

Are you talking about the return line? If so, why does that have to change, just because you install a sump?

Surely you're not using the stock pickup/feed line with a FASS 150?
I'm talking about the feed line for the fass. I have it hooked up to the stock line that goes to the tank.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I think I know what you're talking about. BUT! Could you post pictures of what you're talking about?

Reactions: WillM

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
I'm talking about the feed line for the fass. I have it hooked up to the stock line that goes to the tank.
:confused:

A picture of how you have it plumbed would help immensely.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If it is what I think it is, Then yes... Just put a 1/4 inch (I think that's the size) Plug bolt in that line (If it's the one that pulls from the draw straw) with some sealant and install your sump.

MAKE SURE YOU GET NEW HIGH PRESSURE LINES FOR YOUR FASS! DON'T REUSE THEM!

Reactions: DCummins02

·
Registered
272 Posts
The line won't leak fuel? It goes to my tank?
You can either plug it off, or put a tee in it that goes to your sump. It won't leak if you just plug it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If it is what I think it is, Then yes... Just put a 1/4 inch (I think that's the size) Plug bolt in that line (If it's the one that pulls from the draw straw) with some sealant and install your sump.

MAKE SURE YOU GET NEW HIGH PRESSURE LINES FOR YOUR FASS! DON'T REUSE THEM!
Can I just pull it off from the draw straw? I already dropped my tank. And yes I have a new line for my sump to suction side of the fass.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Can I just pull it off from the draw straw? I already dropped my tank. And yes I have a new line for my sump to suction side of the fass.
As I learned from my FASS 95GPH Install... My tank was previously dropped and the wire harness had just bee snipped and the stock fuel pump was left in the tank. The return lines from the engine were left in place as well. So I had to find a way to connect my return line to the tank since the Stock Suction assembly was disconnected and useless.

I have a beans Sump... Take a look a my Thread below. It's for my third gen 6.7 but theoretically it's the same Idea and it should help a lot with what you're doing.

Message me later if you're not knee deep in your Sump install and I can send you the pictures that were attached to my old thread.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/0...installing-fass-titanium-95gph-sump-pump.html

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
But... So long as your stock lines are plugged up and your FASS is connected to the sump and you have established a return line back to the tank. You're good to go.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Did that line connect to the stock fuel pump originally?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reactions: Fanman43
1 - 20 of 20 Posts