Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some money to spend and i'm looking for something that will give more power and that will help in mpg. any suggestions? I was thinking a farmboysdiesel exhaust kit.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Yeah, that's a good step.

As is a compressor upgrade, or a HX35.

Or torque converter for a bit more.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is your signature accurate? All you have is an after market ASA intake?

Chris

·
Registered
661 Posts
hey nooblet how are those pods? hard to keep cool? i know they smoke what is the power rating on them?

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
I would recommend a better converter. With the milage your showing I would rebuild the trans and throw the converter in at the same time.

Right now your trans might feel good. But throw very much power at it and you will see problems from that loose converter.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any particular converters I should look at? and my signature is correct, all i have is an ASA intake and turned the fuel screw

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much do they usually go for? And how is the suncoast?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I don't have a Suncoast converter, I have a Goerend's converter with a Suncoast tranny...

They tend to be around $500-600. DTT is the most expensive, TCI or Hughes the cheapest. If you call around, keep in mind that you're looking for a Non-Lock-up converter. The vast majority of what the trans companies sell are lock-up converters for later trucks, and they cost twice as much as converters for us.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
I'm surprised no one has said you need a EGT and boost gauge set up.:popcorn: Then you can turn or modify the fuel pin, drop the starwheel to the bottom, bump the timing a bit.:peelout

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Just cut a periscope into your dash so that you can see your manifold when it starts glowing. That's your pyrometer.

Then get one of those extending-slide-type tire pressure gauges, plumb it into your air intake and mount it onto your hood. That's your boost gauge.

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
Then get one of those extending-slide-type tire pressure gauges, plumb it into your air intake and mount it onto your hood. That's your boost gauge.
:rof Thats a good one Begle.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
That boy can be scary at times!:lol3:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I need a fist that comes out of the stearing wheel and punches me in the nose when my temps get to hot. Its hard to let off.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Get your tranny done! A hot rod diesel truck sucks to have sit still for a few weeks. And if you don't have a pyro, get that too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
hey nooblet how are those pods? hard to keep cool? i know they smoke what is the power rating on them?
They are great. *I* don't haze at idle like everyone says they do, and they don't really smoke all that much more than my stockers did. But PoD's aren't as much of an increase for me since I already had the 9mm injectors. I would recommend PoD's to everyone for an upgrade over stock... for the price they can't be beat.

As far as EGTs go, I don't really get on my truck all that much. It hasn't seen more than 80mphs since I put them in, so I have yet to see over 1k egts. I don't tow and with diesel prices right now I don't do a lot of street racing :$:

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts