Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day my fuel pressure gauge increased from 12 psi to 18 psi. Is this anything to be worried about. I am running the smarty at level 5 but have been doing so for the past 8 months or so. Thanks

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Your overflow valve is acting up. Mine runs at 10psi until the engien warms up, they it runs 16 to 17psi. Easy part to change, I need to order one.

Ops

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey Ops, where is that valve located and about how much are they? I have a friend that pulled his FASS pump because of this problem. I bet he'd like to go back to it if he can get it to run right! Thanks... Chris

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It's the banjo bolt that attaches the fuel return line to the VP44. I haven't bought one yet, mine is intermittent and I am hoping it either goes one way or the other.

It's a 10 minute job to replace one.

Ops

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when others OFV goes bad their pressure drops. Mine increased. Is that the same problem? Not that I am doubting your judgement, just making sure. Thanks for your help.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
I would not worry about it until I seen over 20psi at the injection pump.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really appreciate the help. Don't know what I would do without your input. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts