Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to drive it up the mountain the other day so it spent more time under load then it has in a while.

What would cause the idle to jump to 1100 or so while in Drive (auto trans) ? It was fine at around 650 while in drive before

It is a new injection pump and 4 k springs. The spring retainers were set 4 clicks in or so, even with the stud.

Did everything just simply get seated so the spring retainers need adjusted again? Can i just adjust the idle set screw on the back of the pump ?

I can turn the key off and b half way out the door before the motor finally shuts down

·
Registered
407 Posts
Isn't that idk a bit a low. Thought idle was stood 750 or something. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Mine did that a few years ago when I took a 150 mile interstate trip at 75 MPH, I never worried about it just figured it was because it had a chance to open up and run like it's made to do. It's used to short trips and stop and go driving, eventually it idled down to where it was.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine did that a few years ago when I took a 150 mile interstate trip at 75 MPH, I never worried about it just figured it was because it had a chance to open up and run like it's made to do. It's used to short trips and stop and go driving, eventually it idled down to where it was.
Same thing here, that is the first time its been under load for an extended period.

Usually the kid just drives around town.

I guess Ill let him drive it around like that a few days and see what it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts