Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who know what I'm talking about...

One JL 10W7 or two 10W6v2?

Both sealed boxes.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I haven't heard the 10w6v2's but I have experienced the 10w7 and it rips...If I could find a place to put it I'd have two 10w7's

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
I went 10w3v3's. Two of them.

·
Registered
341 Posts
depends on how you like to listen to your music... The 10W7 would be really loud LOW bass. The two 10W6's would be be louder, just might not hit as deep. You def cant go wrong with either. Where are you going to put the box? under the back seat i assume. if you went with the single, you would still have some storage room

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used to install JL, I would do one W7 in a slot ported box or 2 W6's in a sealed box. Both speakers are second to none, so you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Had a 12w0 sealed in the stealth box from JL that went inbetween the front seats under the center seat. would not go any other way! it was awesome. a lot of my friends had the box that went under the back seat with 2 subs - and my setup was much nicer than theirs - and i kept the storage. but i sold the truck and the sub w\ it and now i miss it bad!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I went with the 12W3v3 but if I had the depth under my back seat I would have went with the 13.5W7
So I would vote the W7 and throw the power to it

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
depends on how you like to listen to your music... The 10W7 would be really loud LOW bass. The two 10W6's would be be louder, just might not hit as deep. You def cant go wrong with either. Where are you going to put the box? under the back seat i assume. if you went with the single, you would still have some storage room
I am taking out the "jump seat" and building a custom center console that start where the factory cup holders are now (remove them and fill in that area) and run back to the end of the jump seat. I will build up the back to have a storage/arm rest and under that I will have a box.. I think one 10W7 as well, firing to the back of the cab.:$:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like you know the answer to the question! That setup with the right headunit and enough power should do the trick. Post pics when you are done, you get some copycats.

·
Registered
491 Posts
id go with the 1 jl 10w7

1 - 10 of 10 Posts