Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to install some subs in my truck, but im unsure where to put them. it seems like there is no where to put them without them being in the way. any ideas would be great!:woot:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know of several companies that make fiberglass boxes to fit I believe two 10" subs under the rear seat in the storage area. Would probly loose your metal fold out rack if equipped.

I haven't had the chance to do a stereo install in a newer ram yet. So I am not sure how simple it would be to build a custom box for that area.

·
Registered
416 Posts
They make boxes that fit under the rear seat. I have one in my '01 QC. I got mine from Ebay for under 75 bucks and it was well constructed and sounds good to boot. Go to Ebay and search "dodge ram sub box" and take a look

·
Registered
576 Posts
Those work, and sound great. I actually recently sold a box I had in an 04.5 under the rear seat. I used Rockford Fosgates 10" thin subs. They were great.

·
Registered
491 Posts
hey i have a box that fits under the back seat that fits 2 12" subs if you are intrested

·
Registered
345 Posts
i just put a box i got offline from a company in my truck under the rear seats and have 2 12" JL w1's and they sound great

·
Registered
491 Posts
Do you have a picture of it. Also who is the manufacture?
ya i got pix but sorry no i dont know who made it

here are some pix i got k

here ya go sorry bout the mess truck is under construction

but let me know what you think
(subs not included)

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Sorry yall but that box will not work in a 05

·
Registered
491 Posts
and y is that???

·
Registered
576 Posts
because the o5 has 2 metal cubby holes under the seat, with only about 4" of clearance between the top of the cubby holes and the bottom of the seat. The enclosures for the 05 would fit down inside the cubby holes.

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
They changed the style under the seat of the new body style. The only way to fit speakers under there now is to have them facing up into the seat. The best way to do it is either buy one of the expensive pre formed plastic boxes, or if you're willing to put in the work, fibre glass your own box. I'm hoping to start my project in the next couple weeks. I'm going to glass the bottom, up around a 5/8" MDF frame, with another 5/8" MDF top. It should sound good.

You can buy one of the cheap boxes off E-Bay, but I don't like them too much. Most of them are too small of MDF.

Another company out of Texas, I believe they were called ProBox, makes a box that ports out the back on the box. The theory was that the bass has to travel up around the cab, off the windshield, and into your ears. He made it sound like an amazing product. I would have bought one if I were a lot closer. These boxes also come with their own speaker (that look impressive). I would love to hear this setup myself.

That's just my opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts