Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My damn A/C just stop blowing cold on me today! Does anyone have any advice on what I should check out?

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My damn A/C just stop blowing cold on me today! Does anyone have any advice on what I should check out?

Thanks
Jeff
Was it starting the blow less and less cold and finally gave up or did it just give up? If its the latter start the truck and turn the AC on and see if the compressor is cycling on and off. If its not look on your accumalator, youll see a sensor threaded into it with a connector on the end of it. Thats your high/low pressure sensor, pull the connector off and jump the 2 terminals inside with a paper clip. If the compressor starts the cycle on then theres your problem.:headbang:

If its none of that then report back:thumbsup:

EDIT- dont run it for long with the connector jumped, the compressor cant shut off and will keep pressurizing until it blows a line.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
if your clutch is cycling on and off you just may need to recharge it, i know when i got mone i had no cold air but the clutch and everythign were working fine just needed about 2 cans of the refrigerant..simple job to do, have the truck running and hook up the can to the connector on the a/c line and let er flow, its probably best to use a guage(some cans come with a guage) so your not putting in too much or too little

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
If its not look on your accumulator, you'll see a sensor threaded into it with a connector on the end of it.
I've found a good tap with a wrench, etc will almost always make the sensor work again, sometimes for a long time.
At least you'll know if it's the problem.

If your A/C slowly went out most likely you have a leak and are low on refrigerant.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kick i jumped the connector and works like a charm! I guess I need to get that switch!

Thanks for the help fellas.
Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts