Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at doing a 3" suspension lift, is that going to hurt my towing capabilities? going to be getting a hide away goose neck hitch to haul a three horse trailer.
Also looking for crystal clear cab lights with the white/blue led light. Can some one point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Shouldn't have any problem with just 3" of lift. Just make sure you have plenty of clearance between the your tailgate & the trailer. Can get pretty tight at times. You won't want your trailer pulling too uphill cause that can put a lot of strain on the rear axle. That's all stuff you probably already knew, just thought I would mention it cause I pull a gooseneck a lot. As for the lights, look at gorecon.com. They got all kinds of lighting accessories.

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
On some trailers you can either flip the axle over or move it to the other side of the leaf springs to compensate for the lift and keep the trailer level.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info. I checked go recon.com but all they have are amber led with different color cabs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can Get the blue led at parts store/walmart even i think as for the gooseneck if you can't clear tailgate some trailers have an adjustable gooseNECK if yours doesn't you can pick one up at tractor supply. never fliped axles/leafs on a trailer but the older jeeps when you flip them its like having soild welded axles. Horse might be a little worked up when you get where you goin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts