Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got another truck and the guy that I bought it off of programmed the superchips tow mode on there with his programmer. When I bought it, he had lost the programmer and now I am stuck with this damn tow program on all the time.
What can I do? Is my only option to take it to the dealer and spand the money to get it programmed back to stock?

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
Take it to the stealership and have them flash it. Sorry. :(

IMHO, it's worth it to be rid of that crap superchips program.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have the edge with attitude that wires through my harnes under the hod, do you think that I should undo that before I get it flashed or will it not bother it? Thanks man.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Hey bud, I have an old superchips down here. If you make the drive down here, I can unprogram it for you and hook you up with your brake controller.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think you have to have the one it was programmed with. Don't you???

·
Registered
660 Posts
the superchips isnt vin locked. there are some guys around me that have been passing one around programming their trucks.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Bob Wagner has a special recovery program for the SMARTY that will overwrite the non OEM program in the ECM.

MikeyB

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
the superchips isnt vin locked. there are some guys around me that have been passing one around programming their trucks.
Sure you can pass it from truck to truck. But you can't leave tuning on one truck and install tuning on another. It VIN locks when a tune is installed.

Didn't know the smarty could do that. Sounds good. If I ever get the courage to stack a programmer on top of my XZT+ and Xilliraider. It'll be a smarty.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sure you can pass it from truck to truck. But you can't leave tuning on one truck and install tuning on another. It VIN locks when a tune is installed.

Didn't know the smarty could do that. Sounds good. If I ever get the courage to stack a programmer on top of my XZT+ and Xilliraider. It'll be a smarty.
You actually can leave the programming on one truck and program another because my friends dad just put it on his and sold it for $50 to his friend, who also programmed his. Like 5 guys have already done this too.

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
You actually can leave the programming on one truck and program another because my friends dad just put it on his and sold it for $50 to his friend, who also programmed his. Like 5 guys have already done this too.
I'm going to have to call :BS: on that. I had a superchips. It didn't do that. I tried it. Course I'd pay $50 to not have another superchips encounter. Oh wait, I did have to pay that once to be rid of it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm going to have to call :BS: on that. I had a superchips. It didn't do that. I tried it. Course I'd pay $50 to not have another superchips encounter. Oh wait, I did have to pay that once to be rid of it.
You can call bs all you want but since I have seen it myself I am going to say your wrong.:T: If you are ever down this way let me know and I can prove it to you. He tried to sell it to me but I didn't want that thing on my truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
didn't think that was possible, since back in the day programming my Impala SS's in 1996 programming my 96, it locked my VIN - and that was almost 13 years ago!

Superchips would be out of business if you could program one truck & pass it on - unless its a hacked version. You'd be able to buy it on ebay & keep passing it along.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It must be hacked then because they have been passing that thing around.:thud: I just couldn't put it on my truck and then sell it with no way to reprogram my truck. I might have to ask the original owner(if i can figure out who it is) how he got it to do that

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, Have we come to a conclusion?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can smarty's work on multiple trucks? I am new to smarty.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well they will have to take the smart off of their truck and then put it on your and they can take it right back off and it has the stock programming. See smarty doesnt save your stock programming like other programmers it has a stock program in it and just over writes what on the truck and then puts its stock programming. This is what is supposed to keep it "hidden" from the dealership.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 42 Posts