Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 24v
I'm getting the following codes:

The truck was surging when it would down shift between 2000 and 3000rpm and a little while driving. I pulled over and the truck shut off and now will not start.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
0234 - over boost
1763 - Governor Pressure Sensor Volts Too Hi: The Governor Pressure Sensor input is above an acceptable voltage level.

1693 is companion code.

Not sure why these would keep you from starting though.
Sorry I can't be of many more help, I honestly don't have the background in these trucks a lot of others here do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link for the codes, but why would the turbo boost limit, and gov pressure sensor volts high cause the truck to surge and now not start.
I'm on a road trip and 2000 miles from home. Any more help would be appreciated.

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,650 Posts
So it will turn over but not fire?

Are you checking codes with a scanner?

·
Gear Head
499 Posts
Do you have gauges? If so what's the fuel pressure?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a scanner. It's checked with the ignition.
I'm getting fuel pressure. I don't have a gauge but I do have the dummy light on the fass pump. It seems to be getting fuel pressure. The light is out, also I was worried about fuel and so I followed the instructions on the Fass website to prime the pump by loosening the fuel filter and it gushes fuel out of the filter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a cool map. I just had a tow truck driver pull up and he said he'd tow me to my moms for $50 so I'm going to do that. I'm just not sure what's making it not start. I was wondering if it could be the injector pump.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Get a full scanner. The p1963 makes me think you have more codes.

+1 on this. Does your fuel gauge work properly and do you have over half a tank? When you bump the starter can you hear the fuel pump kick on for about 45 seconds?

When you get home tonight pull the battery cables and let it sit. More than likely it won't solve anything but starting from the top here so we can get a feel for what's going on.

Any chips, programmers, or foolers? If so pull them off or disconnect them.

Over boost makes me lean towards something electronic but the fact that it will turn over and not fire make me think fuel.

Check back and let us know.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'm not quite sure how to bleed the vp line other than to crack what seems to be the return line. I did that and it still doesn't start.

For future reference:

Take a 3/4 open end crack 3 injector lines at the head. Pick any three 1, 3 and 4 are generally easy to get to. Bump the starter to get fuel pressure and let it run to get the existing air through the vp and back to the tank. Now with your three injector lines cracked, turn the ignition to start and let it crack for approximately 20 seconds. Get out and check to see if you have fuel coming out of any of the three lines. If you see fuel then close the line and tighten it down. Keep repeating this process until you get all three lines closed and the truck running.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
If its cold there suspect gelled fuel

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I'd suspect fuel filter as well,, then bleed the system as mentioned above. I think the codes you are seeing have nothing to do with your present no start condition, likely those codes where there before you broke down, you just happened to find them after the fact.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.