Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

strobes

1757 20
im looking to install some strobes in my headlights on my truck just wanted to see what every body else had if any also would like to see some installation picutres if you got them! my first gen has a headlight conversion kit so yes i can do it there no longer sealed beams
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· 3rd Gen Guy
2,056 Posts
I wish i had pics of my truck with them... i will get some pics of my buddys for you and post them on here hes got a f-150 and then i will get a pic of my other buddys truck with them...

· Registered
392 Posts
I am interested in this as well, I am a firefighter/EMT and respond to scene alot so something like that would be nice.

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
Look at the Recon Kits, They seem to be the best ones out there.

· Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got some quadra stobes from the local autozone and some normal stobes from the loal advancedauto got them installed ill have to get some pics and post them up took me about 1 hour to install wanted to get them done for the 4th of july not that the truck needs attention people here it and look just at night they might not no where to look:T:

· MI Chapter President
5,431 Posts
I'm looking for a set, not just the typical single flash but maybe single/ double/ quad.... I was at a truck pull a week ago and a guy had them in his headlights and reverse (06 ram) and they alternated it seemed like....

anyone have a place to purchase, and hopefully they are inexpensive.

Ill be using them when plowing snow so I can get rid of the magnet mount strobe I have on top of the truck

Thanks
Ian

· 3rd Gen Guy
2,056 Posts
for realy good strobes you can go to Whelen, Federal Signal, Able 2, Sho Me, 911ep, Axixtech - Strobes N' More i used to be a vol and i had these strobes in my truck and they are brighter then any strobes you would buy at an auto parts store.. i loved them! Great deals and fast service! You can find a kit to buy in there and that would be the best route becuase you need the bulbs and then the strobe pack and switch for the kit it all comes with it and you can use your own switch if you want... good luck let me know if you have any ?'s..

· 3rd Gen Guy
2,056 Posts
it all depends on how you wire it and where you put your box at.. it easly could... also where is a gromet to the inside of your cab or do you have to go through the firewall with it then it might not be enough..

· 3rd Gen Guy
2,056 Posts
and for your truck i would go with the one on sale for 150 then buy 4 amber bulbs for 10 a pice and then go with 2 25' cables to reach your rear lights and then 2 lights for the front? or you putting all for in the back then get all 4 cables 25'... i know these lights will be very bright for you... if you hold off for a day i can look and see what i have... i think i still have the ones of my truck at home but im millitary so im not at my house i will have the parents look for me and i can probably get you a better deal you would just have to buy amber bulbs online as mine are green... i will let you know tonight what i have... but if you want to order these then go ahead you wont hurt my feelings at all..

· Diesel Junkie
4,194 Posts
I have a used set from a buddy on our department.He works for ODOT, and got me a deal.....and he's putting them in for me..four clears with switchable random flash patterns.:thumbsup

· Registered
553 Posts
I was a volunteer firefighter in NY state growing up, Any kinda alternate flashing or stobe lights in your head lights is highly illegal, Having them in your marker lights is OK tho, at least for my county. The LED technology beast the crap out of strobes these days, Plus you don't need power supplies etc. I have bought a bunch of stuff from strobes and more, good guy's to deal with, I also buy from Gall's.

· 3rd Gen Guy
2,056 Posts
yup.. both are good companys.. they both sell the same product you can buy whelen lights from both of them.. i had them on my truck when i was a vol... i am now paid and dont vol anymore so i dont need them and were taking out when i sold my old truck so.. LED lights is the way to go... work in fog and clear, day/night they are always bright thats what we have on all our new rigs and it is the only way to go!

· MI Chapter President
5,431 Posts
Hey Tony if you could check that would be awesome!!

Im thinking of going clear, I run a Sho-Me "Stealth" with two ambers on top and a clear on bottom that works great but Im getting tired of having the light bar on top of the rig, and If I have to do any work along side the road durring summer Ive got to dig out the light bar and stick it up there.

Ian

· T-BONE
976 Posts
Just get a "Wig-Wag" setup....Those seem to get a lil more attention. I had 8 strobes and "wig-wag" in my ol' Z-71. All stobes were in the front...they worked great.

· Registered
763 Posts
I have them in my reverse, tail, head and parking lights. I use them when i'm pulling anhydrous tanks, pushing snow and sitting along the road when i am doing excavating work. I'll see if my buddy can't put them on youtube or something, they are super bright, quad flash. Ecco is what i'm running

· Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i got some pictures and my videos one at night and one in day now i just need to get my lazy "---" around to doing it i work 9-5 then i got my homeschooling from 5-7 then i got to do work around the house 7-9 then i eat:T:

· Registered
64 Posts
looks cool man i like em, i love driving my buddies straight axled chevy with them on, hes go like 17" of lift and coming down the driveway you look like a space ship or something cause its so high

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.