Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
That's the iPad version, but the PC version 17.0.0 is the same parameters. I can screen cap that later tonight. I think the key is to take the default - 1.0, and then do the ABS adjustment as you mentioned above.
Chris

·
TPMS adjustment guy
1,562 Posts
That's the iPad version, but the PC version 17.0.0 is the same parameters. I can screen cap that later tonight. I think the key is to take the default - 1.0, and then do the ABS adjustment as you mentioned above.
Chris
I didn't realize they had a Apple version. My PC version is 16.2 but I doubt much has changed. I would agree to leave that setting alone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't realize they had a Apple version. My PC version is 16.2 but I doubt much has changed. I would agree to leave that setting alone.
Maybe that is the issue. When it asked for current axle ratio, I entered "3.42" as per my truck. I have tried resetting it to "1.00" as the default, but never worked. There are so many modules that show the tire size, its hard to figure which ones do or don't need changed. I will follow the instructions a few up in the thread and report back. I've got to get this thing functioning today!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Can someone here explain the following parameters? I'm working on AlfaOBD at the moment:

Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Configuration (values are Not Present, Canada DRL, Europe DRL, Optional DRL, and Not Programmed)

Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Dropout Enabled (set or not set)

Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Lamp Location (Not Present, High, Low, Turn, Fog, Dedicated)

My goal (tomorrow, when my new OBD2 device arrives) will be to take a canadian spec truck and:

1) Disable the high beam DRL's - Bonus if I could put it on the front turn signals
2) Enable the Fogs to stay on with the High Beams
3) Extra bonus if I could get the mirror turn lights to be used as running lights!

Any help is appreciated, just looking through the parameters now and trying to understand it all.

(2012 3500 SRW Laramie)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Can someone here explain the following parameters? I'm working on AlfaOBD at the moment:

Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Configuration (values are Not Present, Canada DRL, Europe DRL, Optional DRL, and Not Programmed)

Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Dropout Enabled (set or not set)

Reconfigurable Parameters: DRL Lamp Location (Not Present, High, Low, Turn, Fog, Dedicated)

My goal (tomorrow, when my new OBD2 device arrives) will be to take a canadian spec truck and:

1) Disable the high beam DRL's - Bonus if I could put it on the front turn signals
2) Enable the Fogs to stay on with the High Beams
3) Extra bonus if I could get the mirror turn lights to be used as running lights!

Any help is appreciated, just looking through the parameters now and trying to understand it all.

(2012 3500 SRW Laramie)
DRLs: (Daytime Running Lights)
CBC Features: DRL Configuration
Select “Optional DRL”

CBC Features: DRL Lamp location (several to choose from, high beam, low beam, fog lamp, dedicated and SRT Light Bar) Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.

CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled
Select “yes”

ECU 3: DRL Customer Setting Enable/Disable
Select “yes”

Customer Service Menus: Daytime Running Lights CSM
Select “yes”

Fog Lamps With High Beams:
-Fog Lamp Drop Out Enable: Select "NO"

Not possible for turn signal mirror lights to be used as running. Many have already tried.

Finally, go here for much more info on the Alpha OBD:
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

Reactions: liamfm

·
Registered
724 Posts
ON a 2012, where do I find these two settings?
Select “yes”

Select “yes”

I have successfully disabled the DRL and got the fog light dropout to turn off.
I disabled the DRL by changing to "Optional DRL" and lamp location to "Turn Signal"

Sadly, I don't have the DRL's changing to the turn signals. I'm guessing because I haven't found the ECU3 and CSM settings?

I'm using AlphaOBD to do this, FYI.

DRLs: (Daytime Running Lights)
CBC Features: DRL Configuration
Select “Optional DRL”

CBC Features: DRL Lamp location (several to choose from, high beam, low beam, fog lamp, dedicated and SRT Light Bar) Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.

CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled
Select “yes”

Select “yes”

Select “yes”

Fog Lamps With High Beams:
-Fog Lamp Drop Out Enable: Select "NO"

Not possible for turn signal mirror lights to be used as running. Many have already tried.

Finally, go here for much more info on the Alpha OBD:
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
ON a 2012, where do I find these two settings?
Select “yes”

Select “yes”

I have successfully disabled the DRL and got the fog light dropout to turn off.
I disabled the DRL by changing to "Optional DRL" and lamp location to "Turn Signal"

Sadly, I don't have the DRL's changing to the turn signals. I'm guessing because I haven't found the ECU3 and CSM settings?

I'm using AlphaOBD to do this, FYI.
Those two don’t apply to you since you have a 2012. Customer settings menu refers to the 2013+ radios where there is a menu to be able to toggle items on and off, so this just puts that option in the radio. The ecu3 setting just uses the alfa software to turn that setting in the radio on as opposed to using the radio to do it (redundant).
You say your signals aren’t coming on as DRLs. Since you changed the DRLs to “optional”, they will now only come on when you put the truck in gear without the parking brake on. If they were set to Canada, they would come on anytime the engine is running.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Those two don’t apply to you since you have a 2012. Customer settings menu refers to the 2013+ radios where there is a menu to be able to toggle items on and off, so this just puts that option in the radio. The ecu3 setting just uses the alfa software to turn that setting in the radio on as opposed to using the radio to do it (redundant).
You say your signals aren’t coming on as DRLs. Since you changed the DRLs to “optional”, they will now only come on when you put the truck in gear without the parking brake on. If they were set to Canada, they would come on anytime the engine is running.

Thanks Jimmy - yeah so that makes sense. However, I'm getting no DRL's even when in drive (no e-brake). Maybe I'll set the optional back to Canada and then turn signals and see if that works. If nothing else, I've succeeded in turning off my high beam LED headlights as the DRLs, so that's a win.

EDIT: SOLVED! Turned it back to Canada, kept the lights as "Turn Signals" and it works as it should. Obviously I get drop out to make the signal work. They come on when in gear (same as my headlights did prior). Happy man! Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ok, LED Rear Fog Lamps Present setting stopped the CHMSL from coming on when I unlock the doors, so no bueno.

I also messed around with the TPMS settings. On my truck the "Base TPM System Present" was 'Not set' and the "Premium TPM System Present" was 'Set'. I changed the Premium to 'Not set' and this morning the EVIC screen is gone. SO this is exactly what the Bullydog GT tuner is doing. Tonight I'll lower a tire to the point it should set off a warning and see what happens. I'll change the Base setting later this week and report back.

Maybe I missed it but I never saw the outcome of these setting changes regarding the TPMS. Did it effectively disable it? Just bought the AE tool and expansion pack so excited to play with it but trying to learn what I can first.

·
Registered
130 Posts
just curious if anyone has been successful at having a dealership either in CA or NV recently do enable added features to a truck or add sales codes, I ask as the one in my area is a no go and I am in CA and NV regularly.

·
Registered
479 Posts
just curious if anyone has been successful at having a dealership either in CA or NV recently do enable added features to a truck or add sales codes, I ask as the one in my area is a no go and I am in CA and NV regularly.
bighorn....while I do not know dealers out west who are agreeable to adding codes for options, I wanted to pass along some info about the process that maybe helpful when trying to get a dealer to do this.

Even if you find a dealer willing to add codes, he will input your VIN# into their service computer to ascertain just exactly what options could have been ordered in your Ram from the factory when it was built. This will determine which codes can be added. Confusing? Yes, it is. So let me use my Ram as an example.

I have a 2017 2500 Cummins REGULAR CAB SLT. Since it is an RC I could NOT order from the factory MANY options. Some of the options I could not order: heated seats; ventilated seats; backup camera; automatic high beams (and more). I added these very options to my Ram (and many additional options) but the dealer could not add the sales codes for them even though he was willing to do so. Why? Because when he ran my VIN he found that those options I named (heated seats, ventilated seats, etc...) could not be had in my RC from the factory. This prevented him from adding the codes because FCA will not allow it. This is one of the several reasons why many have used the Alpha OBD program, using this program allows you to add the codes regardless.

Reactions: bighorntactical

·
Green Angel
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
mjf1675 is correct. When FCA builds the computers/moduels for their vehicles, they purposely do all these things strictly to bring the customer back to upgrade. By upgrade I mean purchase a new vehicle with the next option up. This brings customers coming back which increases their sales. A down fall yes but, that's marketing for ya.

Side Note: I am considering selling my AE if anyone is possibly interested, shoot me a PM. Not sure what to price it at, any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, maybe someone of you can help me with my european issue.. im trying to change combinated rear lights, i mean to separate rear turn and stop.. it works i turn on rear turn output, connector wire to bcm, rear turn works, but... All the time it shows rear turn light out (All works good but it blinking fast on dash)
Ps. Sorry for my grammatical, but i hope you understand :)

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Hello, maybe someone of you can help me with my european issue.. im trying to change combinated rear lights, i mean to separate rear turn and stop.. it works i turn on rear turn output, connector wire to bcm, rear turn works, but... All the time it shows rear turn light out (All works good but it blinking fast on dash)
Ps. Sorry for my grammatical, but i hope you understand :)
Are you using LEDs for the new separate turn signal bulbs? Are your tail light housings the factory LED lights?

·
Registered
9 Posts
im using reverse light as turn (changeing pins in bcm), then have to use resistors as reverse light.
stop is in normal place (tail light housings the factory led)

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
im using reverse light as turn (changeing pins in bcm), then have to use resistors as reverse light.
stop is in normal place (tail light housings the factory led)
I’m not sure this will work, but you can try disabling the fault sense wire for the rear tail lights. I’m just not sure if it’s tied to the new dedicated turn signal circuits that you added to the BCM. I’m not familiar with the auto enginuity layout, but if it can enable the rear turn signals, it should be able to do this: Go to CBC I/O Usage and find “left rear door ajar switch usage” and disable it (or set it to none). Do the same for “right sliding door switch usage”.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont have this option in cbc 😕
And i dont know how one of workshop in out town programm this as normal turn light
I mean When u takie out the bulb it shows that light is out, If you put it again works normal

201 - 220 of 241 Posts