Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Wanted everyone to know that Valair Clutch will soon have a street ductile iron flywheel, Dual Disc clutch on the market. This set up will be the ideal street and towing clutch for the ultimate in performance for the daily driver. It will have a retail price of only 900.00!!!!!:woot:
For the racer or sled puller we will still have the Billet flywheel available too in a DD starting at 1250.00

Pm me for more details.

John:thumbsup

·
Banned
2,615 Posts
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:woot:

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
190 Posts
John what are the benefits of this clutch over the stock model? I'm interested in smoother shifting and the clutch being able to handle a bit more hp, say from an edge/MP-8 stack.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This clutch is a great street and towing clutch. it will be capable of handling 600 H/P, will have smooth engagement for towing and everyday drive ability. as long as you do not intended to do competition drag racing or sled pulling this new one is for you. if you plan on doing some serious racing OR sled pulling then you would want the steel billet flywheel designed for more abuse.
Ductile iron flywheels are not SFI rated as explosion proof like steel billet is. that is the big difference. Not every application will need the Billet flywheel. for everyday high output engines that tow and street drive this is the clutch for you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fantastic John! When is it coming out!

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They will be available in the next 45-60 days. if you need a DD before this call me and we can work out a deal on the billet one that is available now. I am always willing to work out deals with anyone on just about anything out there.

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick that depends on were you will be taking that truck H/P wise. you keep hanging out with me and you never know were it will end up:beer
More and more performance parts keep showing up for the 6.7, seems like everyday there is something new:w:
give me a call this week and we will talk.

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the new one is a towing, mild street use clutch. the existing one is the billet flywheel for the racing and sled pulling.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
so would this clutch be able to handle sled pulling at all?? im looking for good price on a dual disc and this seems to be a nice price. I only plan on pulling maybe 4 times at most in a year...

·
Registered
99 Posts
yes, it will handle sled pulling. Sanctioned events will not allow them though. Enterprise eng first pulling clutches were on a modified stock flywheel. I have one in the shop that has been through a ton of abuse, so bad it is not worth rebuilding, but they hook and hold power prbably better than the billet ones because the buttons will grab into it. This is why sbc has the bronze insert in them. Brush pulls you would be fine. Tim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts