Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On occassion I have experienced a strange sound and thud, kinda like a dampner closing or the compressor comming on only I don't think it is either of the two.

It occurs when I come to a stop after downshifting and/or coasting to a stop. A few 1-2 seconds after wheels stop, the sound and "thud" occur.

Anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
155 Posts
This happens to me to....Any ideas?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u have standard or auto trans? AND, how do you like the 5" BADP and Juice with Attitude?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the auto tranny...

The 5" with the juice rocks...I have some smoke at idle and when I get on it but I like the fuel mpg increase and I like the sound...I left the straight through muffler on there and I like the sound...Stainless Steel was the way to go, no doubt about that!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much has you 5" BADP improved your mileage?? What is it now and what was it before? I still have no idea what that sound is.

·
Registered
232 Posts
mine does that when I decel with the exh. brake on only. IT is the brake and the downshift of the tranny. It sounds like a thud.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I also occasionally get the thud, and so does my buddy with his 07 5.9 - although his is worse and more frequent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts