Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to adjust my emergency brakes and first removed the plugs on the rear wheels and spun the little adjusters. The brakes still did not work.

I took off the wheels and pulled the rotors and to my surprise the emergency brakes were covered with grease, not oil, but grease and all mannner of sludge. Anyone have an idea why there would be grease inside the pad area??

I cleaned it all up with brake cleaner and now the e-brakes actually will hold my truck in the driveway. I will probably change the pads one of these days.

I bought the truck used, I didn't put the grease in there.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
your axle seals are leaking, your gonna have to replace every single part in both sides of your rear end, your diff oil will be pretty low also, your gonna need new shoes, drums, all new hardware kit, and axle seals, make sure you spray off your backing plate with carb or brake cleaner and get ALL the sludge off of EVERYTHING or your rear brakes will grab really bad or they will have almost no braking power at all :$:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts