Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with a Sheriff here in town about this law... He waved me over to his car, I pulled up and to my suprise he said "Nice truck, is it strait piped?" I was honest about it and said yessir it is... He said as long as you have a turbo charger on it, it is as legal as can be. However any form of exhaust smoke MUST dicipate before 10 seconds. After that it is illegal. But he showed me the law in his little hand book and sure enough, The turbocharger falls under the muffler category. Just out of curiosity I brought up "hood stacks". They are not legal only because they do not exit behind the cab. Thats a law here in Texas. Now other states Idk. But I thought I'd mention that.

·
Registered
480 Posts
damn you must be from st.ville lol.. However, there was a guy on here the other day and showed some of laws online and they said the turbo does not count as a muffler.. guess we'll see when we ever get pulled over for it which cop wants to be a dick lol:confused013:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn you must be from st.ville lol.. However, there was a guy on here the other day and showed some of laws online and they said the turbo does not count as a muffler.. guess we'll see when we ever get pulled over for it which cop wants to be a dick lol:confused013:
lol no I aint from the ville, but I'm up there alot. no I was actually in Austin. He showed it to me and it clearly stated that a turbo charger is definatly a form of a "muffler". I'd fight it to the ground if I ever got stopped for it though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts