Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of doing this to my truck but I wasnt sure if I should leave the Resonator on. Would you recommend a straight pipe or an aftermarket muffler?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Depends how loud you really want it.....i straight piped mine 2 weeks after I bought the truck and I love it. It is definitely loud tho.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Depends how loud you really want it.....i straight piped mine 2 weeks after I bought the truck and I love it. It is definitely loud tho.
i straight piped my truck a half hour after i got it :headbang::headbang:

·
Banned
560 Posts
4" or 5" Expandit Straight Pipe Kit

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys ill probably do this next weekend, any ideas about cost? I know it cant be to expensive.

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Put a thread in the request a price section and the vendors on here will give you prices. They are very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
115 Posts
put a five inch expandit kit on they are really cheap and sound awesome. Also Find A Nice 6 inch Tip to put on there.

·
Registered
785 Posts
4" straight pipe on mine, sounds great!
:flag1:

·
Registered
531 Posts
I just cut out the muffler and then welded a piece of 4 inch pipe in...the 10 ft section of pipe at napa was like 80 bucks, so now i have some left over for another project

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to be sure, I loosen those two U clamps, cut the muffler out, weld another pipe in place? Or should i redo the whole thing from the headers?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry i wasn't thinking :doh:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thats how I did it....just cut the muffler out, but its a little tricky since the pipe will be going up on an angle. It is hard to cut the pipe at the right angles to get it to fit right where the muffler comes out, so it wont be very pretty and might have a leaky spot. I did this in a parking lot at the hotel i was staying at and didnt care what it looked like so i put it on and then patched the one area with a whole in it. no one is gunna care what my exhaust looks like i just cared about how it sounded. You can get a mufler delete pipe for about 90 dollars i beleive but i didnt want to wait for it to ship, and i like messin around with my own vehicles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, and the piece that fits in place of the muffler is a four inch? I just don't know if im ready to start all the way from the turbo and have a five inch yet, I want to see what it sounds like first. It doesnt sound all that hard.

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Just do it right the first time. Call Gus at Farmboys Diesel and he'll give you a great price and product.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Ah this is my next mod 5" expandit with a nice 7 inch tip, was going to do the stack thing but i think its to loud for me.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
I'm a stock 3" straight pipe and love it...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts