Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to school abroad for a couple years and I will be leaving the truck in storage during that period. It will be in a mild southern california climate in a garage. I will be using pri-d fuel stabilizer. Is there anything else I should do for the fuel system/engine? The truck will probably not be started for the duration of my leave.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If I knew it was not going to be moved for a couple years I would get the weight off the front of the truck. Getting the weight off the suspension/springs will help with spring sag.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
You will want to use a biocide like killem. Bacteria can grow in your fuel and cause problems with your injectors. I stored my truck for 2 years with just that and it ran fine. The diesel may ahve lost some power but it was still fine.

In california it will be warm enough to allow any bacteria that may be in your system to multiply over 2 years.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yeah setting the truck on jacks will help prevent dead spots in the tires from sitting in one place for so long and unhook the battery.
I second this.

Would be good if you had somebody to run and check on it but if thats not an option, jack stands, battery disconnected, some type of fuel additive like mentioned above, Biobore is another good one to prevent growth. Also I would fill you tank full or have little in it. That will reduse the amount of water from condensation will get in there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts