Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i stumbled on to the fix we'll see how it goes so far its working. while i was tinkering with different ideas with my delete pipe i got it stuck in regen so i got to lookin in the wiring harness that comes down to the exhaust temp probes and theres only four wires in it so i got some scotch locks and some short pieces of wire I hooked all 3 brown wires into one wire and the blue wire to its own wire and hooked them together regen quit unhooked them and regen came back on

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
All 3 sensors use a common 5 volt supply (should be on the dark blue / green wire) which is why there are only four wires.

It is cool that you were able to get the regen to cease without throwing exhaust temp sensor high codes.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,123 Posts
Just curious, where did you find these schematics on the 6.7?

All 3 sensors use a common 5 volt supply (should be on the dark blue / green wire) which is why there are only four wires.

It is cool that you were able to get the regen to cease without throwing exhaust temp sensor high codes.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yes, it covers all of that (Hemi, 5.9, 6.7 - 4x2, 4x4) as well as some other stuff that I'm not sure of.

I find that they cover the theory of operation fairly well on most of the systems but lack in some of the procedures - I like the old school greasy hand 'real' pictures from the old factory manuals more than the new digital images that these manuals have.

And forget searching for stuff, almost impossible.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Slagburn
I am getting 2 codes P2032,P0545, wich oddly enough is for low voltage.

Gone almost 300 miles and aside from the codes everything is working good so far

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow thats pretty cool, keep me updated. Im still trying to find something for my truck to get rid of that darn thing.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everything is still goin good it runs better every day It hasnt derated and their is no more regen I went to the exhaust shop and we put one long pipe from the down pipe to the tail pipe unpluged all the sensors took all the scotch locks off and looped them together with wire in each plug and taped them up now theirs no sensors or holes in it just straight pipe :beer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Saying goodbye to the DPF

I think this weekend I will try what you have with the wires. And also the egr delete. Are you still getting a cel light. Sure glad I bought a C&C. How is the sound in the cab. I can't believe it is as bad a drown as the reg trucks, due to the fact of our Heavier beds probably get rid of some of the sound drowns (Wasn't really sure how to word that,) Anyways thanks for the work and information.:peelout

Ron
2007.5 C&C Reg Cab 2wd 6sp

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ron
I still have the light cause of the 2 codes its throwin soon as it warms back up a little im gonna see if i can get rid of them

Bubba
Ill see if the camera will do it if not ill find a video camera and get one

·
Registered
58 Posts
Poindexter,

Did you use a kit to delete dpf/egr or did you do it yourself. If you have posted this already I apologize but could you point me to the link? BTW do you see an increase in mileage with no regen?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Poindexter,

Did you use a kit to delete dpf/egr or did you do it yourself. If you have posted this already I apologize but could you point me to the link? BTW do you see an increase in mileage with no regen?
I did it myself i unplugged the temp sensors and jumped it across with a piece of wire in the plugs on the harness it throughs 2 codes but they havent affected how it runs,mileage is up a little so far it been between 1.5 to 2 pulling but thats with a gross of only 22,000 well see what happens when we actually put a load on it. what ive done so far is all in this thread for the dpf What i done on the egr is in the thread "EGR fix maybe" or just ask i dont mind

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
code free

Went to radioshack and picked up 3 potentiometers cut the wires on the temp sensors wired them up pluged em in set them all three to .50 volts now there is no codes no cel light and it hasnt regened yet so far its lookin good

1 - 20 of 39 Posts