Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done some research and know that the standard stock/s475 will support about 600 right out of the box, but will adding a large enough external gate directed to the primary allow for 7-800 fuel only? Not much info on external gates and what they can allow this kit to accomplish. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Wyoming BAMF
1,709 Posts
somewhere on here Erick Brown was describing just that. I would give them a call and ask them how it would work...

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
And report back with what you find out.. I'm looking for a twin setup utilizing my stock that will help support 600-650hp

·
Wyoming BAMF
1,709 Posts
The basic set up will support 600-650 no problem, Giddyup on here has a stocker a5k combo and is around 750ish on that... I cant remember what size gate it is but it was large, however if you are going to be spending that much money on your motor to get the fueling right why not find a set up that is supposed to be ran at that hp level rather than just trying to skimp by on the least possible. my .02

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will look into that, thanks for the direction.

I would definately build a set that was more suited for that hp level, but this truck is my primary tow vehicle, and needs to be able to do so comfortably turned down. With a larger set of twins to support that level, spool would be hurt and it would be hard to get them lit at say only 400hp level. With the stock turbo in the mix, it should still have great manners down low for towing, and with a big enough external gate to the primary I should be able to get some pretty good power out of her when wanted. Would be nice to have it all, pickin up what Im puttin down?:hehe: I will talk to Browns and see what they would suggest.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
A 62/65and a s475 can reach those power levels. Also should be able to detune it and be able to pull well. Just turn the programmer down as much as possible and don't try to put the pedal to the firewall with the power u have. You will want the programming I'm pretty sure. I think it will just feel a little sluggish if not.
If your that worried with the spool up then stick a cam in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts