Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hve the stock turbo with a 16cm housing and am wondering if it would be worth the hassle with the HX35?i plan on doing a fuel pin 366 spring and injectors nothing to aggressive. thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im interested myself because I can pretty much get a hx35 for free, but my turbo is stock dont have the 16 cm housing

·
Registered
292 Posts
if you can get it for free, then do it and put your 16cm housing on it. that way you can take the silencer ring out and sound will be a lot more noticeable and it will be a direct bolt on. if more than $free, then i dont see why it would be a benefit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i can put the h1c 16cm housing on an HX35 what does the HX have that the H1C doesnt?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Bolt it on..you'll love it!

·
Registered
243 Posts
If its a hx off a manual truck its got a 12 cm housing........ awesome on a 5 speed hot on a auto. be worth the swap

·
Registered
96 Posts
I put the compressor side of my HX on mine and left the exhaust side stock and I like it, can build about 22psi boost.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I'm with blacksmoking. Out grew mine before I even put her on. But still a nice upgrade over stock.

Reactions: revemup15

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
What would you guys pay for a nice used H1C? Looks like they can be bought new on Ebay for $265 free shipping.
those ebay units are cheap knock off chinese ones.. which I would not be comfortable putting on my truck.. last thing you need is for a 20,000 rpm (or however fast it spins) turbo to break apart and find it's way into your intake valves.. the H1's are the most undesirable turbo out there.. I have seen plenty of 35's for 200-250, that I have passed on.. I can't imagine paying that much for a 1st gen stocker..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts