Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
delete if talked about before but I wasn't able to find a post related to this.

New to the forum and to the diesel world, but I am building my first truck right now. 2006 5.9 dually that i bought from our farm with a spun rod bearing. turbo and injectors were shot as well so i replaced them with a S363sxe and industrial injection 60 horse injectors. nothing to crazy as I'm planning to do a lot of towing.
My question is will it be harmful to anything to run stock tuning for a while. I only have time to work on this thing about one day week so about a month away from having it running, but would it be harmful for the injectors to not be pushing more fuel than stock? as they are designed for about 13% more flow? or will the computers have a hard time controlling fuel with the improved airflow? Would that mess with my egts? Truck came with a 4 inch exhaust and afe intake as well.
Again I am new to this so if I am missing something please let me know haha
Thanks,

·
Registered
330 Posts
It'll run on stock tuning. That being said it'll be a smoky mess. Definitely doable but would really benefit from custom tuning to get everything working correctly together.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll run on stock tuning. That being said it'll be a smoky mess. Definitely doable but would really benefit from custom tuning to get everything working correctly together.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Okay, thank you.
I am planning on getting custom tunes for it, but it will be a couple months before I can budget it. and the closest diesel shop is a 3 hour drive, thankfully they are very well reviewed. I suppose ill just baby it around until I can get it tuned.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
60 horse injectors should be a little more than 24% over (what 50hp injectors are.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
60 horse injectors should be a little more than 24% over (what 50hp injectors are.)
Interesting, according to their website their 13% are 60 horse, while their 25% are 100 horse. I suppose i have no background knowledge about injectors though.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
It will run just fine, but custom tuning will clean it up nicely.

Reactions: thirstgen

·
Trying to learn
5,841 Posts
Interesting, according to their website their 13% are 60 horse, while their 25% are 100 horse. I suppose i have no background knowledge about injectors though.
Makes sense 25% is almost double what 13% is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts