Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my injector leaking issue has gotten me to the point of new injectors.

Now i have a smarty that i currently run mostly on fuel saver(or mpg mode wtf it is)

I do haul, but i haul more with the new truck then my old one, so the question is what to do with the transmission.

I know that i want to get a lit/valve body upgrade to help with longevity, but should i also do a TC,

The transmission shifts fine and firm, no slippage even on setting 3(the one above fuel saver).

The question is would 60 hp injectors be to much for the stock TC?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Even and Edge EZ is too much for a stock TC.

I had a Goerend triple disc and VB installed in my truck. They also replaced the kickdown band, strut, and front clutch discs. According to Ed Lanning, I should be good to 400 hp or so.

I am planning on RV275s when I can afford them, added to the Edge I should be at or near 300 HP. Yours won't run much higher than that.

Ops

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even and Edge EZ is too much for a stock TC.

I had a Goerend triple disc and VB installed in my truck. They also replaced the kickdown band, strut, and front clutch discs. According to Ed Lanning, I should be good to 400 hp or so.

I am planning on RV275s when I can afford them, added to the Edge I should be at or near 300 HP. Yours won't run much higher than that.

Ops
did you replace the whole trans, or just order the stuff from Goerend and install it yourself?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I had Lannings Diesel do the work, I'm disabled and I can't wrestle with a 500 lb trans and t-case. The job turned out REAL well, firm but very smooth shifts and the TC is MUCH tighter and the lockup is quite noticeable. I got another .5 mpg as well.

I would be leery of changing a VB, outside of that I know enough to do it, just not enough muscle.

Ops

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I had Lannings Diesel do the work, I'm disabled and I can't wrestle with a 500 lb trans and t-case. The job turned out REAL well, firm but very smooth shifts and the TC is MUCH tighter and the lockup is quite noticeable. I got another .5 mpg as well.

I would be leery of changing a VB, outside of that I know enough to do it, just not enough muscle.

Ops

1 - 5 of 5 Posts