Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a PATC 46RE Viper Series Torque Converter, 1800 Stall on ebay for like $350 with shipping. It says it can hold up to 450HP and I am only going for like 250 or 300HP. I also read on here that I will need to upgrade my valvebody. Now can I just buy a shift-kit. I was looking at the Transgo TFOD-HD2. Do yall have any oppinion on those 2 products? Yalls input is very much appreciated.

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
our trucks have a 47RH or 47RE automatic..... the 46 is in the gas trucks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that is good to know

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the shift kit? Will it work for 300HP with an upgraded torque converter?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where can I buy that TFOD shift kit. I've looked them up on internet but there are so many models for race cars. Which one do I buy?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to ebay and got the tfod-hd2 because it comes with the seperator plate & the manual valve. The Tfod-diesel only comes with the seperator plate.

·
Registered
696 Posts
TFOD Diesel

Where can I buy that TFOD shift kit. I've looked them up on internet but there are so many models for race cars. Which one do I buy?
You should be able to get it anywhere you can buy Transgo kits. I called Transgo about which kit to get, for our diesel trucks they recommended the TFOD Diesel kit.

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
transgo or DTT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts