Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna no if my stock 04 stereo cd player has a aux plug in the back side? anybody...

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Moved to third gen non-powertrain...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sorry I don't have a direct answer for you. You do need to tell us which radio you have. The specific model might be on the faceplate if your lucky.
We need a place we can look this up. I want to know if I have one also so I can input 'outside noise' into my radio system.......
(I'll have to go look up which one I have also).
Anyone know where to look?

·
Registered
398 Posts
unfortunately I do not think there is a AUX plug on the back of the radio. However, you might be able to get an adapter for your radio IF it is capable of having a CD changer stock. Some trucks got it some didnt. The adapter plugs into the stock cd changer plug on your radio and then has the ipod aparter on the other end. Assuming you want to hook up an ipod. Other than that, I dont know man.
Joe E.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
I think your SOL man. I had the 7 speaker Infinity system in my Laramie with the indash 6 disc cd changer---No AUX plug in back. It just has the 50 pin(?) connector and the antenna plug.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I thought I read about an adapter for the back. It would allow you to add an aux. input. I sure can't remember where to look though.......

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I was unable to find anything to plug an ipod into my stock stereo with, so I went with an RF modulator.. this one actually works pretty well, it kills the radio antenna signal in the bandwidth so there is no interference at all.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I thought I read about an adapter for the back. It would allow you to add an aux. input. I sure can't remember where to look though.......
I think crutchfield.com had one, I would look there, they seem to have everything

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think crutchfield.com had one, I would look there, they seem to have everything
Thanks Dennis, I will try that!

John,
Which one is it? Where'd you get it? How much does it run?... Well, you know the normal questions.....
This is the other option. I don't really want to spend the money on another head unit. I would have bought the truck without this fancy stereo; but, I didn't order it so I guess you have to take what you find.....

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
You can get the RF modulator to run an Ipod from Radio Shack, Best Buy, Fry's, etc. They are around $20. The one I had uses and unused radio frequency and broadcasts on it. It was pretty cool actually. I used it in my boat, and when we were beached, I could broadcast to my stereo and the two or three boats next to me.:thumbsup

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
millco... I am 99.9% positive this is the one I have, if not its the new version of it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thank you sir!
Finding one that someone you 'know' has tried is a better way to go I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts