Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in a debate with another diesel fan. does anyone know how much hp the stock intake on the 5.9 can handle running the 4 inch pleated filter??

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe I read in several places its around 500-550hp for the stock airbox to be sufficient

sent from my galaxy s3
03 QCSB 5.9HO auto 4x4 fass95 50hp inj superchiped boost elbow autometet boost pyro trans temp

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
On our shop truck before we did anything to it with nothing but our Xtreme street tune it made 400rwhp uncorrected. Completely stock, it even had the intake baffles in it.

Here is the dyno sheet from it.

It probably had another 30-40hp in it before it started becoming restrictive.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys great info. He was arguing saying if you put a chip you have to do the air box and I called bs saying im still running stock air box on my truck so that had to be bs

·
3 footin' through life
12,300 Posts
On our shop truck before we did anything to it with nothing but out Xtreme street tune it made 400rwhp uncorrected. Completely stock, it even had the intake baffles in it.

Here is the dyno sheet from it.

It probably had another 30-40hp in it before it started becoming restrictive.
This tune was EFI? Or Xtreme box tuner?

·
Registered
151 Posts
My truck has the stock intake with the airbox cut up and the baffles removed. And it should be close to 650 hp. Should I be looking into a different intake?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts