Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the stock hp rating on intercooled first gens? just sold my 12v thinking of going for a first gen.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The stock specs for first gens (intercooled and non) are 160 HP, 400 ft lbs of torque.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
whats the stock hp rating on intercooled first gens? just sold my 12v thinking of going for a first gen.
An extremely conservative 160hp....
But - 400 lb/ft of torque !:peelout with a stick

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Isn't that flywheel horsepower and torque? Rear wheel hp I thought was less like 140 hp?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Hey now, we're talking "ratings" and "specs" here, not actual numbers or performance!

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Isn't that flywheel horsepower and torque? Rear wheel hp I thought was less like 140 hp?
When you get to the rear wheels - too many variables...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
All dyno numbers I see on here, I think, is wheel hp. I understand a standard has no torque loss ( to speak of ) like a auto has. And a lock up set up is less loss then a no lock up like my slush box. So comparing engine ( stock ) flywheel horsepower to the numbers we see on here is two diffrent things. Some one with a truck pushing 200 wheel hp is a good improvement over stock.. At least I hope Im right. Been wrong before..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts