Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it feasible to move the stock fuel plate forward for just a little more power or will I even notice a difference? If not, which plate will give a little more power for towing without robbing mileage? Also will changing the plate increase max RPM? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Is it feasible to move the stock fuel plate forward for just a little more power or will I even notice a difference? If not, which plate will give a little more power for towing without robbing mileage? Also will changing the plate increase max RPM? Thanks in advance...
you will see a marginal increase. enough so that you will want to purchase the #100 plate i took out of my truck for 50 bucks. or grind your own

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
yes sliding the stocker will make a difference, nothing crazy but i believe sliding the stock plate was good for another 20hp or something.

Best way to do it is to grind the stock plate, doesnt cost a cent. But if your one of those people that may want to go back to stock one day i would buy one thats used (like lances!) to save a few bucks and if its still not what you want you can grind that one.

The plate only changes full load/throttle fueling, it will not effect milage as long as you dont have a lead foot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts