Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a early 2004 Dodge 2500 Diesel 6spd 4x4. I jus ordered and Aero4040XL to replace my stock muffler with. I have a completely stock exhaust. Can anyone tell me the stock exhaust size before the muffler? Some say 4" and some say 3.5" and i cant tell exactly since i havent gotten the muffler in so i havent taken my old one out. Also how would anyone recomend to mount the Aero in place? ANy suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
If its an early 04 then its 3.5 in, 4" out. If its a 04.5 then its 4" in/out.

·
Hide your cats!
5,106 Posts
:agree2: my words exactly!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Look on your valve cover sticker. If it says 325 HP, than it is 4" in and out, because it is an 04.5. If it says something less that 325, than it is an early '04.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 305.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay so i have the Aero4040XL. And we have a flo pro 4" downpipe for an early '04. Is it worth replacing the downpipe and then payin the muffler shop to run 4" from the downpipe to the new muffler?

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Okay so i have the Aero4040XL. And we have a flo pro 4" downpipe for an early '04. Is it worth replacing the downpipe and then payin the muffler shop to run 4" from the downpipe to the new muffler?
I would say its probably worth it.. should help a little with EGT's.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have any idea how much that might cost me?

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Not sure... I wouldn't think more than 20-50.. Do you have a way to hook up the Aero already since the aero is straight thru and the OE is offset enter/exit?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes i bought an offset pipe with the Muffler. Its supposed to come in tommorow.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
You may only need a few feet of straight pipe.. mock it up and see...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alrighty i will do once the muffler comes in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts