Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the sad mistake of replacing my stock pressure plate and clutch plate with stock parts on my 07 6.7 3500.reassembled and clutch still slipping,dual mass flywheeel i assume.my question is there anyone out there that has been wise enough to replace their stock parts with quality parts have a good stock flywheel they would sell.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You're going the wrong direction, get a Valair or SB with a single mass flywheel. The stock DMF will never hold the power. I decided on the Valair organic dual disc, I'm waiting on some lube to show up from Lazar Smith before I put it in. I got this clutch because it has the best holding power and good driving manners but it is no good for sled pulling or boosted launches. I'll report back once its in.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have a stock flywheel,pressure plate and clutch. I just installed a south bend DD to hold the power.. If you want it, maybe we can make a deal..it held up fine running about 50hp over stock..gave out not long after that. in good shape..

·
Cowboy AKA Equality State
918 Posts
Dump the DMF!!!

I would recommend a South Bend and a single mass flywheel. It puts All the power from a Quadzilla Adrenaline and the biggest sticks Industrial Injection had and a SPS 62 to the wheels in my 01.

My stock setup in my 09 will slip under power with the Smarty on anything higher than SW3 and DMF scares me because I've seen one completely destroy a 7.3 Powerstroke when it grenaded :shock:

You will kick yourself if you don't make the right choice the first time around :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
recently put a h&s diesel tuner on my 08 cummins ram 6sp std 6.7 ltr..low setting increased hp by 40hp...dual mass flywheel couldnt take it. clutch slipped easily...just bought a phase III kit from phoenix friction for $607..fixed the problem..came with solid fly wheel..clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing....clutch now handles max setting...150 extra hp...hold on....truck gets 21 mpg now on mild setting...was 17

1 - 5 of 5 Posts