Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of H&S DPF Delete but leaving the stock downpipe. Can I still do an EGR delete or will it screw up the cat inside the downpipe.
On the other hand if I do 4" TBE, can I then re-install the dpf pipe when going to the dealer without going back to a stock downpipe.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts
When I first blocked my EGR in december I was running an H&S 1st gen DPF delete with the stock down pipe and the 2nd gen box. The EGR delete worked fine , the only thing with the stock down pipe is it is very restrictive.

When you order just the dpf delete it had the 3 bolt flange which bolts to your stock down pipe. But the couple of 4"TBE that I have personally seen which use the factory tail section had the new down pipe and dpf delete joined with the slip joint instead of the 3 bolt flange like stock. BADP might sell the 4" down pipe with the 3 bolt flange. But when you go to hit the dealer and put your truck right to stock and pull the fooler box but leave the 4" down pipe you will most likely throw a code and maybe go into limp mode because the computer is wondering where the restriction from the stock down pipe went and causing the 1st egt probe to be out of proper operating range.JMO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts