Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Stock + DDP 150 injectors.. a little lack luster

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  burdizzo 
#1 ·
I just got done installing a new VP and some DDP 150 injectors. I'm a little bummed out about the performance of the truck with just the injectors.. I expects more go go and even a little smoke. :banghead: I'm wondering if I should have went with a hotrod pump at least.

Ah well, when my adrenaline comes back the truck with be a whole lot more fun.

#2 ·
It will be a whole diff animal with the quadzilla adrenaline. I thought the same thing. Installed the quad adr and its awesome to say the least....

#3 ·
Could be your clutch is slipping maybe? Many others on here have 50's 100's and are really happy. Im thinking about 75's myself. But if you want a vette killer thas a different story, mine's a Prius killer.:doh:

#4 ·
No clutch slip.. just doesn't have the balls i expected it to have with the 150's..

Time for me to look at a new clutch, ARPs and a new turbo....

#5 ·
Well im sure that adrenaline will change your whole outlook! I have stock injectors and with my edge on hot it will smoke quite a bit enough to black half the lane and pulls real good.

#6 ·
Guys , look at his sig. He has an adrenaline already so I am thinking you have a problem with one of the new parts you just installed. If you went from stock injectors to 150's and are bummed then you have a problem . When I went from stock to 125's I couldn't get the smile off my face .

#7 ·
I just got done installing a new VP and some DDP 150 injectors. I'm a little bummed out about the performance of the truck with just the injectors.. I expects more go go and even a little smoke. :banghead: I'm wondering if I should have went with a hotrod pump at least.

Ah well, when my adrenaline comes back the truck with be a whole lot more fun.
He must be getting it repaired or something

#8 ·
The Adrenaline is off the truck - I killed the box a couple weeks ago and was going over some things trying to figure out why I keep popping them. I should have it back by Tuesday. (AND i think i've fixed the problem to boot)

I just expected more gain going from 100% stock (except for LP) to 150hp injectors. It has more power, just not as much as i was expecting

#10 ·
I took it for a longer test drive - had to go pick up my fiance from work - and the truck has quite a bit more power than i thought it did. Still not impressed - but its more enjoyable to drive without the tuner than it was so I suppose thats a nice upgrade.

I'm ordering a clutch and ARP studs in about two weeks. Ordering a new manifold as well - mine has a hairline crack where I tapped it for the pyro.

Hopefully a larger turbo will be in my very near future as well

#13 ·
i had the same situation, my adrenaline went in for repair so i put the 150's in, had quite a bit more bottom end but just no top end, put the adrenaline back on and wow is all i could say! insane difference from adr with stock to adr with 150's. seemed like the 1000 tunes with the 150's was better than stock with comp tune! just wait it will be good for you!

#14 ·
ya, when you get that ADR back and tap the pump, it will be an animal compared to what it is now.....

#15 ·
You have no electronics to give you any boost fooling, so thats where you are being limited, if you had in even like an edge ez you would be more impressed. Once you get the adrenaline back in you will be very happy.

#16 ·
Good point, your truck is probably turd-ier than your accustomed to with loss of boost fooling through the ADR.

My 100 hp injectors really woke my truck up, but they continue to run better and smoother with the added miles. Time may help.

#17 ·
Okay - I finally got my Adrenaline in and hooked it up.. oh man what a difference.. I haven't even tapped the pump wire yet and i'm pretty stoked with the performance

I think I'm gonna hold off on tapping the wire until i make sure I'm not going to have any issues with the VP first.. I'd hate to void my warranty and have the pump go out

#18 ·
i have 200 horse injectors on my truck and without a fuel box or my smarty on it barely smokes but when u plug your adrenaline in it will get them injectors the fuel they will want trust me

#19 ·
Long as you don't do a hack job on the wire tap it won't have any issues, I vote tap it and let er buck, you might have to become friends with your local tire shop haha. A bigger turbos gonna be on the list to cause shes prolly gonna get a bit warm. What tune you running on the ADR?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.