Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know I smoked my clutch at about 2k miles getting into a situation while backing a trailer up a steep incline. Looked like a tire fire in fact but I would have thought it would have deglazed by now. I am not a clutch rider I just got stuck slipping it bad once.

Now my clutch won't hold the PMT in 5th and 6th, especially full romp into 6th. Think it was the super heat I put into it 10k miles ago or what?

KMK want to sell me yours? :T:

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
*cough* DD *cough*:D:peelout

·
Registered
963 Posts
If you have an organic clutch and you burnt it, it is Junk. If it is ceramic and you slipped it, to the point of distorting the pucks normally they drag and you will have trouble getting it into gear. Driving a standard is take foot of clutch then on throttle, backing up you have to get out and pre-plan your moves. Or in very difficult situation a front hitch is a very good option, and in some situations the very best option, and easier on equipment.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have an organic clutch and you burnt it, it is Junk. If it is ceramic and you slipped it, to the point of distorting the pucks normally they drag and you will have trouble getting it into gear. Driving a standard is take foot of clutch then on throttle, backing up you have to get out and pre-plan your moves. Or in very difficult situation a front hitch is a very good option, and in some situations the very best option, and easier on equipment.
Thanks. I am sure you are right.

Keven,

I already knew it too. :butt: :$: :$: Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mine slips too, but i have to wait either til the gfs dumba$$ bulldog has pups, or next years tax return. Then im goin SB DD, and pulling til she breaks.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You got me thinking and I think even with the SB DD I just ordered it would be easier and wiser to have a front hitch for my applications.

I did not smoke the clutch in my driveway but my driveway is quite steep for about 40 yds. There is room at the bottom for lining up straight but once aligned I always put in 4LO to back.

Thanks again.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
A dual Disk is going to change your way of driving. Though i can back my trailer up pretty much like normal. It more starting off, use first a lot more often.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A dual Disk is going to change your way of driving. Though i can back my trailer up pretty much like normal. It more starting off, use first a lot more often.
I can deal... I will bring some Redline to put in the G56 too and we can do a before and after drive. It will be fun to compare mine to yours when we are done with the install. Thanks

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Sounds like fun to me. I need to swap fluids in my tranny and axles, but maybe not right yet. You might bring an extra quart of fluid for the tranny to help calm the gear clatter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts