Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a 2006 Dodge and i wanted to know the dimensions on the stock cat and stock muffler. I have some 4in pipe and I want to know if I have enough. I have a sled pull to attend on saturday and I need to hear the Cummins ROAR!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I want to say the muffler is around 24 in. and the Cat is around 14 in. I'd say you need around 50 in. but you may need a "Z" pipe for the muffler because of the offset.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to say the muffler is around 24 in. and the Cat is around 14 in. I'd say you need around 50 in. but you may need a "Z" pipe for the muffler because of the offset.
Alright I think I may be able to make that work. I have a welder and a few feet of various pipe. I was trying to just use each piece without rigging up multiple sections of pipe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
if you are dumping in front of the rear wheels then you should be able to run straight.. i don't think you need the z pipe... i was looking at mine and it is not a straight pipe to delete the muffler.. hope it helps.. i might have mine dump right to the side...

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just going to cut the muffler and cat out and just use one piece of straight pipe. I have a 24in section and a 4 ft section. I think I'm good.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think your gonna be just a little short. I ran a straight 4" pipe on mine and if I remember correctly it is 6' 5" from tip to tip including the expanded sections. It does not need any bends to span the whole length from down pipe to tail pipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts