Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a stock auto trans and i have a torque converter lock switch. if i lock the converter and mass on it my rpms will jump 200-300.....is this normal or is my tranny leaveing me for a ATS trans! any ideas will help!

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya im interesting in some tranny options! i dont know a whole lot about the auto but if it is slipping will this eventually take the whole trans out?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
tou will burn your clutches up. Mine was doing that for a couple of months but when the converter slipped it would go to the redline. Just ordered a full billet hts and am hoping i can finally get the power to the ground. i would look intothem, dusty is one heck of a transmission builder

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not slipping that bad then, but it is starting too...i would like to save my tranny if i can so i better start lookin now!

·
Registered
788 Posts
I got my full built tranny from Coaltrain. It helped me out alot with power to the ground AND with the wallet. Its not name brand stuff but I'm proof they work just as fine. I got a 3 disk billet TQ, V/B, and Billet Front on the tranny. Kolene steels and Blue clutches. Give them a PM or call(#'s in my sig). If you want just a TC They got really good prices on them. Shoot me a PM if you got any Q's

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright thanks for the info i will look into this!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm wondering if mine is slipping, just bought the truck about a month ago so I don't know what happened before.

If I hammer down while rolling it seems like I just sits at around redline and makes the shifts. Once in lockup about 72mph I can hammer down and it just pulls. I don't have anything to compare it to so I don't know if it's normal or the TQ might be worn. I have about 34,500 miles on it so if it is worn now would be the time. Warranty.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do u have a lock up switch?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts