Looking for a stock air box. thanks!

·
Trying to learn
7,396 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking for a stock air box. thanks!
Same here. I wasted the money on a K&N cold air and absolutely hate it!!! I also hate myself because my dumbA$$ tossed the OEM box and inlet tube in the trash. I found a box locally but the inlet tube, it'd be easier to locate a legitimate biden vote than that duct. I can suggest that you should look on www.car-parts.com because there are plenty throughout N. America, all ate too far from me in Michigan. Check it out....

·
1,465 Posts
Same here. I wasted the money on a K&N cold air and absolutely hate it!!! I also hate myself because my dumbA$$ tossed the OEM box and inlet tube in the trash. I found a box locally but the inlet tube, it'd be easier to locate a legitimate biden vote than that duct. I can suggest that you should look on www.car-parts.com because there are plenty throughout N. America, all ate too far from me in Michigan. Check it out....
Get a cool hose. They work better and are designed to use oem airbox with out the baffled inlet tube. About $100

Reactions: tryNto
3,038 Posts

The OEM 2003-07 intake air hose (from the air box to the turbo) is a complete mickey mouse waste of time.
It has a plastic baffle in it, it is of various diameters and numerous steps. Even if you gut it, it is useless.

Here is a much better replacement. I had one of these in black for years. The blue and red colors are lame.
It's a simple, smooth, heavy duty silicon hose.

·
1,465 Posts
The OEM 2003-07 intake air hose (from the air box to the turbo) is a complete mickey mouse waste of time.
It has a plastic baffle in it, it is of various diameters and numerous steps. Even if you gut it, it is useless.

Here is a much better replacement. I had one of these in black for years. The blue and red colors are lame.
It's a simple, smooth, heavy duty silicon hose.

Yep

Reactions: StealthDiesel
3,038 Posts
Reactions: krs

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks all.....
I will check them out but I hope they have the CCV hose nipple.
Either way, y'all some cool mo-fo's

·
Trying to learn
7,396 Posts
CCV hose nipple, Why?
There are no holes or nipples on the tube.
I have been using 1 for about 5 years now. Works well.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
@twildman I have one that came off of my 2008 6.7, I'm not sure if it would fit 110% correctly or not, they looked fairly identical from a quick glance. I have both the box and the tube arm and the box has a new fleetguard filter with maybe 5k miles on it that I will let you have as well. If you are interested in it, let me know, I am willing to part with it for probably considerably cheaper than anything that is listed online.

If you choose to get a new one, I totally understand that too. No big deal either way, thought I would mention it.

Reactions: Squaltoes

·
Registered
19 Posts
If twildman passes on it, I'd be interested. He started the thread so I don't wanna undercut him. Mine is an 08 6.7 as well. The problem would be that I'm in Michigan so I'd have to request that you ship it and that might be quite expensive. I found one in Wisconsin that is the style but the lower elbow is broken and he still wants $85 plus $30 to ship it to me and looks pretty rough. Either way, I truly appreciate all of you guys spending time to help each of us out!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@twildman I have one that came off of my 2008 6.7, I'm not sure if it would fit 110% correctly or not, they looked fairly identical from a quick glance. I have both the box and the tube arm and the box has a new fleetguard filter with maybe 5k miles on it that I will let you have as well. If you are interested in it, let me know, I am willing to part with it for probably considerably cheaper than anything that is listed online.

If you choose to get a new one, I totally understand that too. No big deal either way, thought I would mention it.
Shoot me a pm with your price, and I will do some research to see if it fits. Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts

·
Trying to learn
7,396 Posts
L0L I did the same but kept my OEM parts, trashed the K&N parts when I switched back years ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have one from my 07 5.9 if the above box won’t fit. I am replacing engine with a 6.7 with a 2nd gen swap so won’t need it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have one from my 07 5.9 if the above box won’t fit. I am replacing engine with a 6.7 with a 2nd gen swap so won’t need it.
Where are you located? Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts