Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how long will this thing last, I moved the stock fuel plate full forward, KDP tabbed, AFC Spring, 3K GOV springs.`97 47re, transgo kit (bumped up line pressure and TC Lock up ((two holes)) I also drilled the hole in the VB for increased line pressure and did not install the improved sealing rings that came w/the kit, cause I didnt dissasemble the trans)..... So any who, I have owned this truck for 750 miles. the trans seems to work great. I will be taking it from MN to ID in a week. Will it be ok? Can I safley tow trailers? Any input will be awesome, new to the dodge world.

Thanks for the input BAMFM7

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you were comfortable taking it before the mods, then i wouldnt worry now:thumbsup:. Besides the new fluid change you just helped the trans by upping pressure and minimizing slipping between shifts. id put some good miles at home on it before you set out just in case but go for it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Were you happy with the performance upgrade the parts you put in gave you? Just curious as I have a stock auto bone stock cummins yet. I'd like to do a few small mods to make better power for pulling without wrecking the tranny. Let me know what you think. Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes well worth it. the truck still isnt fast but it is drivable now. You need to start with the KDP then transgo. After those are done then add some HP, IMO. I am still unsure if the stock trans will hold up. I will probably be getting a single disc torque converter and a billet 3rd gear apply piston from DDT before I do too much heavy towing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts