Votes: 8 9.2%
  • other

Votes: 14 16.1%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
WYOMING CHAPTER VP
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok guys this post is for a buddy of mine im happy with my smarty s06 BUT he had the smarty junior on his truck liked it but timing rattle was a little much. He is looking for adjustability on the fly is the main thing. Its an 07 5.9l automatic...he wants something reliable to pull boat and quads with without worrying about tranny. We hear all this talk about edge ruining injectors, banks being to safe, and than theres bullydog, quad supposedly coming out with adrenaline for us 3rd gen guys also....any input would be appreciate what do you all reccomend or whats the pros and cons of the products out?

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts
I like the Quad X2 , but sounds like the adrenalin will be more power/options.
There is a bit of timing rattle @ WOT with the X2 race on #3(160hp) but not bad at all.Temps stay pretty cool also.

·
WYOMING CHAPTER VP
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are you guys thinking about the adrenaline when it comes out since you like the x2 so much

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts
what are you guys thinking about the adrenaline when it comes out since you like the x2 so much
I'm planning to stay where I'm at....I like the X2/Smarty stack....:thumbsup

·
WYOMING CHAPTER VP
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol ya that is true....remember he's not looking for big power just reliability so stacking with smarty he probably wouldn go for....but for me hows that x2 stack? would yo stack it with the new revo?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
The X2 can be loaded with a stacker tune (pressure only)...so yes it'll stack with Smarty just fine. But, if a person can get ahold of the TNT-R they don't need to stack with ANYTHING.

·
WYOMING CHAPTER VP
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i see a lot of pople voting for edge but not giving explanations....anyone want to help stop the rumors about needing injectors after running edge?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
i will have to say bullydog. I have never had any trouble out of mine and the power is there with just the touch of a button, gotta love on the fly adjustability

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
I'm gonna follow this thread. I have the Edge EZ because I got it for a good deal and I planned on stacking it with a Smarty. But I don't want to ruin any injectors in the process, no no. I've read many times the Smarty/ EZ stack was a good stack. In fact I have a neighbor with this stack and he posted a 548 hp dyno run not long ago (s06). He has some supporting mods as well, but he likes it. Thoughts?

·
WYOMING CHAPTER VP
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so far ive learned that on 04.5 and up trucks the edge isnt crashing threw injectors due to the fact its not adding pressure....anyone have any input on this. i think now its down to quad vs. edge....

·
Registered
750 Posts
I know that edge doesnt add pressure anymore after 04.5 and up so thats probably why it isnt blowing injectors. I have heard that edge on and 03 or 04 is not so much a good idea.

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
its true about the edge and injectors on the 03-04 models, i have a juice with attitude, however, if you have supporting mods your ok, and if not, then just dont drive it like you stole it, i promise, if you keep your foot out of it, and drive it like your supposed to, then you wont loose an injector anytime soon... its all in the skinny pedal, i love my edge, lots of power... :thumbsup

·
Registered
521 Posts
quadx2

this is a good thread, my next purchase for my truck is going to be the quadx2. sounds safe for everyday use and has the fp guage etc. :thumbsup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts