Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after some time and some parts swapping, she's running almost like normal. New VP44, new OEM APPS, and a complete check over of grounds and all wiring. It just doesn't have enough power- struggling to pull loads up hills...no codes though. After 268,000 miles could it be that the injectors are dirty/clogged? I don't have a boost guage (yet), and fuel pressure if great, any suggestions?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
Ok...

If there was debris coming from the VP44 its possible that the debris was pumped to the edge filter just before the injectors. These are a last defense against dirt entering the injectors. These edge filter are inside the crossover tubes.

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Are the intercoller hoses leaking? Does the turbo spin correctlly?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
Do you have a boost gauge and a pyrometer??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a boost or pyrometer, it is in the process though... I haven't found any leaks in the intercooler hoses (as of yet anyway...) What are the cross over tubes?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
dont quote me on this but they are the tubes going from the injection lines to the injectors.

Injectors

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
are any of the intercooler hoses old cause at work we had a truck losing power and we found as boost got higher it was push through the the very small cracks and holes in the old hoses replacing them fix it and we got all the power back

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A very big thank you to all, I'll be looking into my intercooler hoses a little closer- maybe just replace them, they are pretty old. Also, I has no idea there were individual filters at the injectors- so I'll be looking into that as well. Again, thanks to all for the help!! I'll let you know what I come up with, and when my guages are installed- some readings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts