Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 04.5 dodge cummins and it has a really stiff throttle could this maybe be a throttle cable that is bad or what?

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Double check under it and see if it's binding on the floor plate.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
My throttle cable actually froze the other night, How cold is it where you are?

I bought some de icer, removed the boot from the cable where it attaches to the Apps, sprayed cable and it freed up. The I sprayed the heck out of it with WD-40, while working it back and fourth, So far so good.

I know there shouldn't be moisture in there and I'll need to replace the cable.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i just bought a 04.5 dodge cummins and it has a really stiff throttle could this maybe be a throttle cable that is bad or what?

What were you driving before this truck?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
me and my dad just picked it up and i use to drive a 98 dodge cummins.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
me and my dad just picked it up and i use to drive a 98 dodge cummins.

Ahh yeah. I felt a difference in the throttle between my dad's 99 and my 06 when I first got it. Seemed like the 06 was sluggish on the throttle compared to his.

Well, double check what the other guys mentioned to be sure there's nothing mechanical. But between 2gen & 3rdgen I think you'll feel a little difference.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I thought the CR's were drive by wire, IE- no throttle cable?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wELL its defintely not factory how it feels because you push pretty hard on the throttle and then it just breaks over really quick.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
I thought the CR's were drive by wire, IE- no throttle cable?
My 03 still has a cable going to the Apps mounted on the left front of the engine.
It also still has a TV cable for the trans.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So probably just take it out and clean it really good first? before i buy a new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.