Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 3500 SRW 6.4 HO Longhorn
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a stereo that replaces the factory size hole without using an adapter plate?

Otherwise, have any of you used a kit that fits well? I have an alpine and a kit purchased from my local Best Buy. The kit is a joke and cheap plastic plate doesn't fit well.

Thanks for your help!

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,650 Posts
They dont make a radio that is as big as the stock one. They make vehicle kits that will fill in the extra gap. around the radio. Make sure it is for your truck and that your tabs on your radio are up tight against your trim plate or it will cause your radio to slide forward.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I used the plate that came with my radio from cruchfield but I bent the hell out of the little metal tabs that hold the radio sleeve into the adapter plate.

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,650 Posts
I've had the trim plates from crutchfield and they fit fine before. Just make sure its tight to the radio and put the 2 bolts that hold the trim on and put your dash bezel on should look fine. Ill send you a pic of how mine looks if you want.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It's 1.5 din.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.