Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has an 03 Ram 1500 with a Kenwood headunit (Not sure of exact model) but recently it has started acting up. If you touch it really in the slightest, the screen will flash and shut itself off. And has to have the fuse pulled to restart again. Would this just need to be a problem in the wiring tracked down? Or possibly in the contacts for the faceplate since it has a removable face to it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Where are you touching it? In the faceplate or the area surrounding it? How old is it? Who installed it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anywhere in the faceplate. Not sure on age or who installed it. Came with the truck when he bought it about two years ago.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it is old enough it could just be that the faceplate connections have seen enough wear that they are done. Had the same problem in a Jeep I had. Had an aftermarket in it when I bought it and it was about done...sometimes wouldn't come on with the key, would have to take the face plate off and and put it back on multiple times. If it is becoming super annoying I would just buy a new one. Only other thing to check would be the harness that goes into it and make sure all the connections are still good, but touching the face plate wouldn't be enough to jar a connection causing it to mess with the radio.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like a bad radio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts