Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone doing to refurb their steering wheels? Grant? Or having a local shop wrap them in leather?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the grant steering wheel from summit .. Not only does it look better than stock but the feel is much more comfortable..

·
Registered
240 Posts
I grabbed a leather wrap kit from Geno's. Can't remember the brand but it was really well made, custom fit for our trucks and following the install directions carefully it came out really well. In fact I've actually gotten compliments on how nice the leather and stitching look!

Reactions: 98whitelightnin

·
Registered
74 Posts
When it’s time I'm going to just go with a craft custom refurbish, no need to worry about any fitment issues or adapters. Plus you can wrap it in real leather or wood.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Grant from summit. The thing is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went with the Grant. Pretty easy to install, and looks and feels fantastic.

Now on to the leather seats!

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Q and A portion of the Summit link says that the Grants wheels do not have the opening for the finger tip controls. Is that correct?

·
Registered
7 Posts
An excellent steering wheel and dashboard restoration service is Woodensteeringwheels.com. The prices are pretty low, considering the quality of a steering wheel after restoration processes are done. They are good at refurbishing wooden wheels, but they can also help with leather (retrimming/rewrapping and etc). They can also create a custom steering wheel. Basically one can say all the wishes and they'll try to make them come true. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That does look really nice. Good to hear others have it and are happy with it.

The Q and A portion of the Summit link says that the Grants wheels do not have the opening for the finger tip controls. Is that correct?
You should be able to use your old wheel to make a template to dremel the new wheel and move the controls over. Guessing, but that's the first thing I'll be looking at when I remove mine to put this one in.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Steering wheel art if you want something custom.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I found a vid on youtube, your airbag unit and cruise/radio controls swap over to the frame of the new steering wheel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts