Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started to stock pile on upgrades for all the steering components for my 01' 2500 4x4. So far I've purchased the Moog 4th gen "T" style tie rod/drag link assembly, Borgeson steering shaft and their power steering hose kit. Parts still wanting to purchase are the upgraded "gen 3" style adjustable track bar, several companies offers it so which one do you guys recommend? Also, I'm on the fence between the Borgeson box and pump vs. the PSC xd box and their pump. I understand the PSC will be a bit beefier so I'm thinking going that route but I need some opinions on which brand is better so I'm hoping you guys have one or the other so I get some feedbacks. Currently, both brands are on backorder so I guess I have a little time to decide. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Steering Box upgrade basics

Stock Wheels and tires - Redhead
Big Heavy Wheels and Tires outside of stock - PSC

PSC box is way better it is a really tight fit bu you will not be disappointed and for the cost difference worth it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm wanting a Synergy track bar and bracket but they've seem to have been NA for awhile. I'm close to calling someone about it.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Their track bar and upgraded steering with a psc box is the beefiest your going to get with the front end.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the inputs. I'm currently patiently waiting for PSC or Borgeson to come back in stock. That said, I'm leaning towards PSC...hopefully they'll have it in stock soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Them steering shafts look like the real deal, may eventually get one for my 99. As for the steering gears, can’t go wrong with redhead. One of them with the steering brace/strut, back to being solid. Not sure what the difference is with the guy before mentioning one or the other depending on tire size. Running 35’ and have zero problems with redhead.

·
On call 24/7
12,397 Posts
If your steering shaft has some play and you don’t need the sheen of a borgeson, rock auto has them for less than $60

·
Registered
7 Posts
That’s really good info, thanks. I may grab one and slap’r in there. I think I’ve done everything except that. Steering is pretty solid and I think that’s the only one thing to replace now

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Ass for boxes

OEM - Redhead
Upgrade (Large Tires) - PSC
Last - Borgs (i haven't had the best of luck with them multiple times different vehicles)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm wanting a Synergy track bar and bracket but they've seem to have been NA for awhile. I'm close to calling someone about it.
I have a few friends that work for synergy, I tried to get their 3rd gen trackbar conversion for a long time but they aren’t making them anymore and the only ones left on the shelf are reserved for warranty claims. Same with their 2nd gen long arms.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for that info. Guess I'll go with the Carli but hope no issues with someone else's bracket Thanks again

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Curious.... since Synergy track bars aren't available anymore or hard to find, has anyone used other brands such as BD or DOR? If so, how are those brands? I've seem some just bolt right up and others needs drilling.

·
On call 24/7
12,397 Posts
I have BD. I had one on a truck 10 years ago and put another on my current 2nd gen over a year ago. I like them, they are beefy and adjustable on the truck. I’ve had Thuren and Carli also but went with BD again

Reactions: evildoctor

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Curious.... since Synergy track bars aren't available anymore or hard to find, has anyone used other brands such as BD or DOR? If so, how are those brands? I've seem some just bolt right up and others needs drilling.
I would look at Thurens 3rd gen track bar over BD. DOR is a sore subject on these forums due to some bad business practices. I honestly wish I would have got Synergy stuff when they came on the market

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I do it I’ll be going with DOR, I remember hearing that every installation is different because every 2nd gen truck has its own quirks. None are really the same, sometimes holes don’t line up or just aren’t there. That’s why there’s strange gremlins with some trucks and not others. Don’t know if that’s true but it made me laugh when I read it.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
When I do it I’ll be going with DOR, I remember hearing that every installation is different because every 2nd gen truck has its own quirks. None are really the same, sometimes holes don’t line up or just aren’t there. That’s why there’s strange gremlins with some trucks and not others. Don’t know if that’s true but it made me laugh when I read it.
When I did my DOR I Didnt have any issues other than the idiot place I took it didnt torque the bolts down tot he proper specs and I hit a huge pothole and the jam nut backed out steering as all shot for that week. After I got the re-alignment done I went back with some locktite green so the jam nuts wouldn't do that **** again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts