Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought this truck and had about 6 inches of play in the wheel. 99% of the play was in the steering gear box. I adjusted the screw on top of the box and now have about 2 1/2 inches of play. Big improvement but I want it right. Has anyone done the bearing preload adjustment? Do you think this would cure the rest of the play?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
im curious of this as well, havent heard of anyone saying they did it, but personally i would go with a good aftermarket box and never worry about your steering again

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, thats kinda what I'm leaning towards. I'll get the steering box stablizer too. Thanks 12valveterror, for replying. By the way, how do you like those 5100's? I just bought a set for the front,and the bilstein HD's for the back but I have not put them on yet.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
yea i got that stabilizer too its pretty nice but itd be better once i get a new steering box, but i really like them 5100's some of the best i ever bought i only got um on the front right now, but im sure you'll like um plenty:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts