Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got in the truck this evening and went to turn the steering wheel to the left to pull out of my parking spot and it wouldnt move to the left at all. So I tried to move it to the right and it moved just fine with one finger. So then I tried again to move it back to the left and it was still fighting me. It feels as if there is no power steering when I turn the wheel counter clockwise at a stop.:doh: When the tires are moving its not that noticable though. Only when I jerk the wheel a little to the left while moving I can feel that its still fighting the turn.

What did I break now? I checked power steering and the fluid seems to be fairly clean. The truck only has 90k miles on it. It does have a leveling kit though.:confused013:

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
mine does something simliar at times. I have a feeling these power steering pumps are poor. I have not done a search here yet to see if this has been a ongoing problem but might be a good idea.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just went outside and noticed the boot on the tie rod that is hooked to the pitman arm is chewed up? Could that be my issue? :banghead:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got home from the dealer. I need a new steering box. :doh: Anyone have any in good shape? Is this a tough job to replace?

·
Hide your cats!
5,106 Posts
check the classifides for someone parting theres out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts